Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Jeepskool WTF?!?!?!?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeepskool WTF?!?!?!?

Less posting, more wheeling!

Jeepskool WTF?!?!?!?

apparently jeepskool is charging a $500 extraction fee. its their right i guess, but the owner of the park is a real a$$hat. he came out with us when i was a member of nec and was a pompus jerk, i wasnt going to say anything, but after reading this crap i dont want to see any of my friends get screwed by this fool. the way he talks to folks in this thread just solidified that i will never go there. check out this thread, namely pages 4 and 5 to get a feel for the guy, his user name is robocon. he was asked to define what exactly he charges the $500 for, he wont define it and basically.... well read up

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthr...=115250&page=4
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore! limegreentj's Avatar
    i decided i wouldnt go when i saw a video on youtube of them blowing up perfectly fine jeeps
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

00 xj- opposite sex-j or wife-j

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

Originally Posted by [B]dangerranger44[/B]
    i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

that sounds like a shitty time...you actually have to attend a class....then they tow your shit for a 500 dollar minimum...i'd tell that guy to **** shards of glass
    98 xj- project dad's baby hauler-3 inch skyjacker lift 31 inch at's custom bumper

97 tj-summer fun toy. 33's 4 inch lift custom tube fenders, custom armor and stuff.

i know how the thornbirds suck offroad and all that. but they ride good and they make any truck look badass though.

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Wow - douch with a capital D.

Sounds like the stories I heard about the original owner of Paragon before Kyle bought it & made it the sweetness.

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    schooling jeepers one at a time.
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

Trail Leader
    I read one post from the dude to tell he was a jack a$$. It's his right to charge whatever he wants to be as big a prick as he wants. It's our right to say "F OFF" and not spend money in his park.
    [I]If they mean to have a war, let it begin here.[/I]
    [SIZE=1] - Capt. John Parker[/SIZE]

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whiterhino
    Describe "damaging" the trail.

A kid with a ZJ broke some front end component, I want to say a Ball Joint, and they were not allowed to strap the vehicle and drag it out from what I was told by Kelly. They used the excavator and put it on its trailer at the Factory until the owner paid the fee to remove it from the property.
    taking unsafe rigs to a whole other level

Trail Leader
    wow that is some BS right there, I almost went to an event last weekend but instead i went to the meet and greet out in robinson, glad i didnt go out to ohio. That is rediculous. Ive never been to "JeepSkool" but i always thought it was a cool place till i heard about that extraction fee crap. too bad its too good to be true.
    99 XJ - 2" lift - 31" MT's - rock rails - aussie out back

the owners arrogance and ignorance to the customer is what really gets me.
    F T W

Hammered paint... The mullet of the jeep world

Quote Originally Posted by justin'sbig7 View Post
    the owners arrogance and ignorance to the customer is what really gets me.
    Yup

The fee is what it is - the owners shitty attitude about everything is my problem with it all. (And the fact that his attitude is what will determine whether you get forced to accept his "help" or not)

For 500 bucks the scout would stay there lol I got it for free
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

Well, there's winners and then there's douchebags.

Web Wheeler!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002wranglerX View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by whiterhino
    Describe "damaging" the trail.

A kid with a ZJ broke some front end component, I want to say a Ball Joint, and they were not allowed to strap the vehicle and drag it out from what I was told by Kelly. They used the excavator and put it on its trailer at the Factory until the owner paid the fee to remove it from the property.
    He broke the gear box off the frame,and also broke an axle. The school part only takes about an hour and it basically goes over the property rules.
    The only way you'll get charged $500,is if your rig is a piece of Sh!t and shouldn't be out anyways,or your somewhere you don't belong.

Jeepskool has a little bit of everything and i feel it's a safer enviroment than Wellsville.
    92Yj on 35's

[img]http://www.knights-rule.com/cgi/gallery/d/13748-1/10secvega6.JPG[/img]

yeah but the owner is still a fuckbag....and thats why i wont put money in his pocket....i dont understand why others dont understand that...not you specifically...but some other assholes on another forum...lol

Quote Originally Posted by 10secevga View Post
    The only way you'll get charged $500,is if your rig is a piece of Sh!t and shouldn't be out anyways,or your somewhere you don't belong.

Thats what you say - however the rules say basically "fee will be charged/equipment recovery will be performed - at the discretion of the owner - no exceptions". And said owner - as we all can read on the great big interweb - has a frickin' attitude problem.

AND as for the pc of shit comment, I've seen VERY nicely built/maintained rigs break massively & most un-expectedly - just as often as I've seen pc of shit/neglected rigs run all day with zero problems.

And MY own rig is a pc of shit if you judge it stricly on its appearance cause I have no reason to put any time & effort into making a hardcore wheeling rig look pretty!

Now - I will grant you that unprepared douche bags that could care less who they hold up & what happens to their rig - tend to cause problems on the trail first. But that said; THIS Robocon dudes overall attitude convinces me HE sees his customers more as a bother than anything else. And I for one REFUSE to pay someone, that has a history of being an ass & holding wheelers rigs ransome, my hard earned money for access to his not all that impressive looking park just so he has an opportunity to cause me grief & finacial hardship.

There are a good bit of other legal places within 2-4 hours away to go wheel where not only is there better terrain, conditions, & treatment - this Robocon dude's whole " Attitudional problem in need of some Re-adjustin' " is not a concern in the first place - IMHO of course.

(BTW: if I was close enough to there: I'd have to show up with said $200 pc of shit, bust the hell out of it, then get a ride home & tell him to keep it when he threatend to hold it ransom for his $500 )
    Last edited by gonecheenin; 12-11-2009 at 05:40 PM.

I'd rather run over cars in the impound

Quote Originally Posted by 10secevga View Post
    He broke the gear box off the frame,and also broke an axle. The school part only takes about an hour and it basically goes over the property rules.

Jeepskool has a little bit of everything and i feel it's a safer enviroment than Wellsville.
    You really don't see a problem with this? What happend to helping eachother out.

We're supposed to be a different breed. We wrench on other peoples rigs, always stop to lend a hand, and never leave anyone stranded. I know that's the way I and many other people see the sport. That dude sounds like a punk.

^ I agree with you 110%, I really wasn't feelin like readin that 18pgs, but I was joined on Jeepskool's forum a very long time ago, when I first got my Jeep, and never went, Robocon is a c**k sucker as far as Ive gathered. And my impressions of someone are generally dead on. We are supposed to help each other out, hell I know If I had a park and if you have a park you at least have a machine of sum type able to extract a 4x4, is that little bit of time/fun imho and diesel worth 500 bucks? **** NO!!!! Guys acting like a cocksucker enough said, I will never show up for anything there. I'd rather go out to Rock Run sometime or Wellsville, as far as I can tell both awesome places to go, and not having to deal with sum asshole making a decision whether you are stuck or not requiring equipment to remove you. WTF, i'll make that decision and if you are not prepared to break, or are liked enough to have someone help get you out, then why are you wheeling?
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

It reminds me of the time I got a flat in the Holland tunnel going to NY. The tow truck guy came and told me I was not allowed to put the donut on myself and that I must be towed and charged the fee. Haha, yeah, no thanks buddy.

He can keep his contraption. Most of us have become experts at finding our own ways out of the woods. It's a part of the fun

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman 94 xj View Post
    You really don't see a problem with this? What happend to helping eachother out.

We're supposed to be a different breed. We wrench on other peoples rigs, always stop to lend a hand, and never leave anyone stranded. I know that's the way I and many other people see the sport. That dude sounds like a punk.

AND anyone that knows a ZJ might know that the steering box mounting is weak. BUT, if your new to them or new to wheeling (which alot of his patrons seem to be) who'd ever suspect the box would rip off the frame!(& twenty to one it didn't rip off, it just snapped the bolts, which is a doable trail fix.)

a little creativity with sum chain and bolts is enough to get you to hardtop Its all about using your imagination, its the littlest things in the world that you can use and do to limp something off the trail. If you don't got the basics in the rig, shouldn't be on the trail, and if you are you better be out there with people that do have the basics, and an idea of what is going on. Feel bad for sum of them people if they get ****ed by him.
    Last edited by ridgerunner97; 12-11-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

Quote Originally Posted by gonecheenin View Post
    AND anyone that knows a ZJ might know that the steering box mounting is weak. BUT, if your new to them or new to wheeling (which alot of his patrons seem to be) who'd ever suspect the box would rip off the frame!(& twenty to one it didn't rip off, it just snapped the bolts, which is a doable trail fix.)

Yep, happend to me on mine. Threw in a couple bolts to get it out and upgraded later on.

I get your point though.
    Last edited by Deadman 94 xj; 12-11-2009 at 06:25 PM.

PghOffRoad Regular
    I agree dedman 94 xj we are a different breed.Outback offroad adventure park would never charge a recovery fee.We help all rigs broken , stuck,or rolled.This is all part of wheeling.welding up a track bar late at night is fun! Right jeff? WE WOULD NEVER CHARGE FOR THIS. Outback offroad adventure group.

and thats why i'd rather give you my money!

Quote Originally Posted by yjrob View Post
    I agree dedman 94 xj we are a different breed.Outback offroad adventure park would never charge a recovery fee.We help all rigs broken , stuck,or rolled.This is all part of wheeling.welding up a track bar late at night is fun! Right jeff? WE WOULD NEVER CHARGE FOR THIS. Outback offroad adventure group.
    Damn right! If it is a hastle for you to help someone..... scratch that a customer that has mangled their rig having fun and doing what we all love to do then, you my friend are in the wrong buisness. Robocon is a an and the first rule at jeep SKOOL should be help each other. Not Screw your customers out of their hard earned money.
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

Thread Information