Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Clayton Y Link

Thread: Clayton Y Link

Less posting, more wheeling!

Clayton Y Link

Clayton Y Link Upgrade for the XJ.

Thoughts? Opinions? Personal Experiences?

Drawbacks over a 3 link other then unloading on hill climbs.

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    It's the only thing I haven't been able to break - 'nuff said

(and my kit is pre-production, yet still going.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mykal View Post
    Clayton Y Link Upgrade for the XJ.

Thoughts? Opinions? Personal Experiences?
    Love it. Takes a beating. I've used the lower arms as skids to slide down off of rocks. You can also change out the T-case with ease.

Moderator of the DeeDeeDees! Bill's Avatar
    After doing some extensive research I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing out there that it mass produced better than the products made by Clayton. They definitely make the best stuff in the business!
    2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - Call of Duty Special Ops Edition (De-badged)

"The two most common elements in the universe are nitrogen and stupidity."

unloading on hill climbs.
    If your rear suspension is setup ok, I doubt you'd even notice.

I can’t say personally about Claytons stuff...but when I made my longarms, I basically built a set of Claytons combining the best of both worlds (Treks bellypan and Clatyon style .25" wall 2"x2" for the lower links). I liked the claytons style arms, but since I already had the Treks bellypan, I figured it would be foolish to give that up.

I've drug my arms over rocks (and into for that matter) and the only sign of wear are a few scratches in the paint. You will loose a little...and I use that term loosely...clearance, but who cares? I haven’t had any "unloading" issues on hill climbs with the setup either.

If your buying some longarms I’d definitely consider Claytons.

I couldnt build a 3 link for what I got these for shipped to me.

are you doing this on the same XJ that you did the bastard pack on? if you can remember that long ago you told me how you did it and im still collecting parts, but i wanna do a longarm. im debating lifting now and longarm later or just a longarm kit with suspension lift included, like the 4.5" RC longarm.
    96 xj rust
    some old chevy rust
    some motorsickles

and a dirtymax

"If i diddnt have bad luck, i wouldnt have any luck at all"

Trail Leader
    anyone have anything to say about the RC 4.5" longarm kit? Im considering it coming this spring...
    99 XJ - 2" lift - 31" MT's - rock rails - aussie out back

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dozer45 View Post
    anyone have anything to say about the RC 4.5" longarm kit? Im considering it coming this spring...

Ask Muddeprived, he put that kit on his XJ--->http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12177
    Last edited by Dragonslayer; 02-08-2010 at 11:46 PM.
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

Trail Leader
    oh ok, i failed to read up on that thread, i though he had custom ones made when he went long arm. thanks
    99 XJ - 2" lift - 31" MT's - rock rails - aussie out back

Rob, you'd be better off saving your pennies and going with the Clayton kit or Treks kit.

After seeing the components that come with the Rough Country kit...I really dont think its as good of a deal as what they make it out to be. Just my $.02 though....

oh ok, i failed to read up on that thread, i though he had custom ones made when he went long arm. thanks
    That was the plan. I wanted to replace a bunch of parts and RC had everything in one for a good price. The kit is nice once you get the quirks and bugs worked out lol. I'm riding on three shocks and it's like a dream.

I think I just got blocked. The seller sent me a PM saying that a local who can pick up will give him $100 more for them. He will let me know if it falls through. I hate people

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Dood, that sux.
    [quote=OverkillZJ;182503]You poopstick![/quote] [quote=Gibson;183934]i cant get my nut off, my hand is to damn big.[/quote] '94 XJ sport, 4 dr, 4.5" RC lift,and a Logan's front bumper.

That shit pisses me off, Big Time! It's happened to me more than a few times!
    trailphotos.ragnorox.com
    A wise man once said: "Fighting on the internet is like the special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded."
    "I just don't get all the hype over it. If it doesn't make me a sammich or go down on me, I'm not going to rant and rave about it."
    -OverkillZJ

I think I just got blocked. The seller sent me a PM saying that a local who can pick up will give him $100 more for them. He will let me know if it falls through. I hate people
    Yeah I hate faukers like that. Some dirt bag on EJP did that to me. I was ready to break his legs. Lucky for him I was in the Desert at the time.
    [COLOR=darkred]HighlanderCJ-7[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]If you don't stand behind our troops... [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#8b0000]Feel free to stand in front of them...[/COLOR]

It's stout and proven many times over on many different Jeeps. I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up. I run it on my ZJ and my buddy runs it on his XJ. We both constantly drag stuff across the rocks. He has bigger axles, so he tends to sometimes do more KOH-style wheeling. I'd agree it's probably the best pre-built setup out there, but there are some drawbacks

1) Yes, a radius arm setup is more likely to unload on hill climbs, but I don't feel that it's a major limiting factor. Maybe if I get experience with a 3 link or true 4 link front setup, I might change my mind, but I've never noticed it to be a problem on the trails.

2) Radius arms bind, so keep track of bushings if you intend to maximize flex like most people do. Some people remove one of the upper arms to reduce the binding.

3) I don't really like the way the body mounts are (I wish they were a bit more flush and tucked up higher), but it's usually nothing a little bump can't overcome. I haven't really looked at it, but I think this is more of a chassis limitation than anything, though.
    [URL="http://www.pgh-offroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7670"][/URL]

I like the TNT crossmember alot. But after their customer service and falling into a good deal I'm going with Clayton. Heather (the best girlfriend ever) is picking them up in an hour.

I like the TNT crossmember alot. But after their customer service and falling into a good deal I'm going with Clayton. Heather (the best girlfriend ever) is picking them up in an hour.
    You can't go wrong with clayton. Did you try jason at jeepinoutfitters for the tnt kit?

No since I fell into this deal. I'll live with it for the deal I got.

sucking up is always good Long arms are here

Ordered enough steel to do the rear bumper, boat sides and frame stiffeners.

Thread Information