Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA Game Commission cracking down down on illegal ATV activity

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!

PA Game Commission cracking down down on illegal ATV activity

http://www.heraldstandard.com/sports...47e6d599c.html

Seen this in the paper the other day.I know he's talking about atv's but you never know??
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gD5vDm_Cx0[/URL]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! PatF10's Avatar
    not sure the point here, pa game lands are off limits unless you are a licensed hunter hunting. Thats where license fee go to to upkeep the lands. As a hunter and a wheeler i respect the game lands for what they are intended for.
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatF10 View Post
    pa game lands are off limits unless you are a licensed hunter hunting.

Your completely incorrect. Gamelands are open to everyone for hiking, etc. etc., just no camping, and no motorized vehicles.
    97 XJ Clayton Longarms 35s locked etc.
    94 YJ MTO
    98 5.9 ZJ Limited alllll original
    02 Cummins 6spd HO Studs, Sticks, Box, Pump...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    not sure the point here, pa game lands are off limits unless you are a licensed hunter hunting. Thats where license fee go to to upkeep the lands. As a hunter and a wheeler i respect the game lands for what they are intended for.
    The point here is to make people aware that the Game Commission is cracking down on people riding ATVs Jeep's etc. on game lands. There are two local wheeling areas Casparis, and Creek Falls that border game lands and if your wheeling there and don't the area you might stumble upon game lands and land yourself a fine.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    here we go... again...

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    It's not here we go again. I'm not telling anyone not to wheel at these places or anything like that I just wanted to give people a heads up because I know some from this site wheel there and don't know the areas. Hell it's your rig and your money do what you want.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    Thanks for the heads up I had heard they where cracking down at casparis after that van full of idiots drove off the look out.
    1998 GMC K2500 454 5 Speed
    Tow pig

1986 Reliant K
    Daily driver/Panty Dropper

1978 International Scout
    7 inches of lift 35x12.50x15 Maxxis Big Horns
    Aussie Locker front and rear

1974 International Scout
    3 inch rough country lift

1973 International Scout
    3 inch body lift 31x10.50x 15 Apache All terrains
    Western 7.5' snow plow

[B]
    Help keep four wheeling around get involved [SIZE=4][URL]http://www.nora-usa.com/[/URL][/SIZE][/B]

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    No problem. It sucks that they had to mess it up for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner97 View Post
    Your completely incorrect. Gamelands are open to everyone for hiking, etc. etc., just no camping, and no motorized vehicles.

yea my bad there,

didnt mean to start anything. I just run into a lot of people who think that they should be able to run all over the game lands as if nothing is wrong.
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

Previously "TurboTJ"
    Richmond, Virginia formerly Cranberry TWP.
    Well I think the best bet is always to know where the "free range" and open/legal lands are and where they border... never a bad idea to know that there is a "targeted enforcement" . I wheel only where it is open and legal.. but I know in some areas like the in creek falls and a few areas here north of the city that there are some "is that ok to go there?" questions once you get deeper into the land.

Thanks for heads up.. now where is the beer, pizza?

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    As usual according to the article ATV'rs are a bunch of lawless drunks with zero concern for nature - Way to keep the interview about the actual issue (ATV's being ridden where there not allowed - Period!).

Asshats

Trail Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by gonecheenin View Post
    As usual according to the article ATV'rs are a bunch of lawless drunks with zero concern for nature - Way to keep the interview about the actual issue (ATV's being ridden where there not allowed - Period!).

Asshats
    Actually, I've had quite a bit of experience with ATV/ORV enforcement on state lands and state-controlled lands. All of these vehicles were operating illegally, and sad to say, a large percentage of the operators were drinking or otherwise impaired. I would never paint all ATVers with a broad brush, but there are quite a few using some poor judgement while riding.
    78 Jeep CJ5 304 3 spd BDS w 33s

08 Subaru FXT Forester turbo wagon

06 Dodge 2500 Q-cab 4x4 Cummins

Above all else, be armed. --Machiavelli

Less posting, more wheeling! gonecheenin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoodRN View Post
    Actually, I've had quite a bit of experience with ATV/ORV enforcement on state lands and state-controlled lands. All of these vehicles were operating illegally, and sad to say, a large percentage of the operators were drinking or otherwise impaired. I would never paint all ATVers with a broad brush, but there are quite a few using some poor judgement while riding.

So because every black guy you met had a gun to wave around & no belt to keep their pants up their all like that too?

And therfore you should say it in an interview with the media, and they should have no responsability to edit it?

Get what I'm going for here by chance?

thats just it it really is a shame that you cannot run the old jeep trails in the game lands. I know the game lands that border our property barley get taken care of. If you could buy a permit or something to run, it would help keep trails and roads open throughout the year. But the bad rep that wheelers and riders get doesnt help
    88YJ with some stuff
    74 cj5. 360 powered!
    F150 ecoboost.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    thats just it it really is a shame that you cannot run the old jeep trails in the game lands. I know the game lands that border our property barley get taken care of. If you could buy a permit or something to run, it would help keep trails and roads open throughout the year. But the bad rep that wheelers and riders get doesnt help
    I always said that would be a good idea plus extra money for the state.

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKchick View Post
    here we go... again...
    waka waka
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "It really is sad that stupidity isn't as painful for the stupid as it is for those forced to witness it!"

You know that I really find this shit amusing, innuendos, statement with no supposition, and with such demonstrative evidence, it’s just empty propaganda, that is not going to win any battles and/or the war for Shared Access to Public Lands for Pro-Motorized Recreation.……..

It also did not help with the decimation of Casparis Settlement which started this round off as well as damage too the Water Authority’s property, the finale blow was the twits that drove off the side of the ridge. You know it still makes for a nice ride in the woods without venturing in to SGL51 providing the private lands are not gated………..

Did you ever think that you’re being herded too Rock Run? No, your Game Commission Officer’s do not like the fact that the Commonwealth is considering opening certain SGL’s and State Forest to Motorized Recreational Traffic (MRT). One of the reasons for the Open Gate Day’s last year was to inventory accessible trails, where were you at? This Retarded Old Dawg was there fighting for your right’s, in fact I had to pull out an outline of the Mission Statement for Open Gate Day’s on the first Sunday. This is why the first Sunday and the second Sunday rides where so different and the attitude change with the WCO’s. The new WCO from the article looks like one of the Volunteer WCO’s at SGL111 and from our discussion he did not like the idea that the SGL would be open to MRT and that the SGL are for Hunters only, period……..

If you would have made it to the Western Pa Trail Symposium (you know that insignificant meeting where 40% of the participants’ were from the Shared Access to Public Lands for Pro-Motorized Recreation Groups) last October, one would have heard all of this being discussed at one or of the Open Panel Discussions………

Motorized Vehicles are permitted on SGL’s via Named and Numbered Roads, as well as ADA Motorized Access Permits for ATV, UTV and/or 4x4 Motorized Licensed Vehicle’s also to be used on Non Named and Number Roads……..

You do know that all of this is moot without a Tariff System to raise money for the Four Wheel Driving sect / 4x4 Motorized Licensed Vehicle’s Grant Pool.........

Go as slow as possible, and as quickly as necessitated…………

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ComChewy View Post

Motorized Vehicles are permitted on SGL’s via Named and Numbered Roads, as well as ADA Motorized Access Permits for ATV, UTV and/or 4x4 Motorized Licensed Vehicle’s also to be used on Non Named and Number Roads……..
    Don't get me started, many of us just simply don't have the time - doesn't mean we don't love the sport.

Hey, don't you have a ton of your own private land to open up? What about founding HRJA, have any resources there?

Matt, Please “Don’t Get You Started”, come on now I do not want to start this response by jumping on you with both feet so I’ll start it this way……..

This is the response from one of my state’s U.S. Senator Marco Rubio, there are some of us working to get him on to a few more committees and Marco is Pro-Motorized, I have been working with him since his first term in 2000 Florida House of Representatives. Yes, before you start it is a computer generated forum letter but it shows that at least I took a few minuets to use the AMA Porthole that was posted. By the way I do all of my Shared Access for Motorized Recreation under my aka Com Chewy and the Guy’s that where at the Symposium will attest to that by my PEC/DCNR ID Lanyard. I’m a little different than you in that I prefer to retrain my anonymity while doing this, I’m not the one that needs the accolades I allow you to have that since I have already had my 15mins in the spot-light in my past professional life. Are we different, yes we are very different, see you still have these words in your vocabulary NO & I CANN’T DO IT well they have not been a part of mine in some years this is why I am able too get in those door that you’re afraid to even knock on……….

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Dear Mr. Chewy,

Thank you for contacting me regarding access to public lands.

As you may know, on May 26, 2011, Senator John Barrasso (WY) introduced the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act of 2011 (S. 1087). This legislation would implement recommendations of the Bureau of Land Management and the U.S. Forest Service by lifting regulatory restrictions on approximately 43 million acres of federally managed land, opening that land to public use. The bill is currently before the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, where it is awaiting further consideration. While I am not a member of this particular committee, I will remain mindful of your thoughts should this legislation come before the full Senate.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. It is an honor and privilege to serve the people of Florida. If I can be of any further help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Marco”

================================================== ==========================

Wow Matt, that’s almost funny at the propagation of being Band from the Pgh OffRoad Forum I’ll move forward with what I’m going too say, I believe that you should allow the forum members to make that decision, I’ll stand by that decision and take a self imposed. I believe that the guy’s that did take the time off of work will attest too what I say that the Symposium was a success in that we the Shared Access Groups for Motorized Recreation was the largest group at the Symposium. Why do I say that it was successful because 40% out of 165 attendees and 95% of those were 4x4 guy’s from Rock&Roost, Triangle, BigRubbers’ and Stagger, when you consider that there where only three Motorized guy’s at the last Meetings in 2008 now why is it they contacted me in lieu of say you or HRJA. Which I did first off, ask them what there response was, oh there was none so I had to go to BigRubbers’ and closed the deal at their August Meeting, me I believe they had no intentions of responding or they would have come back with a not interested………

This is where one would start bragging about what one has done for you but I choose to take the Higher Road and allow Sam at BigRubbers’ which has become Western Pa 4x4 go to guy’s for the PEC/DCNR offices and in WV with Old School and Stagger 4x4 they can tell you what I was able to help them with, besides showing up for a Heep thing at a Dealership in a Bright Yellow H3……….

I’m sure everyone would find this interesting in the fact that I approached you and NotmYJ back in late 06 and early 07 to get involved I’ll stop there, and that I have also asked you on several different occasions to add a Land Use Issues section to the Forum the last time for that was April of 2010. Why, because there are some very interesting things coming and that I would help pay for the site, well is there a Land Use Section?

While doing this I would also introduce you too the PEC/DCNR people to get you involved with the OHV Park Program from my sources there, what you could not believe that someone actually had that ability to do what they said they could without it being BS. See guy’s my Father’s cousin happen to have been the Lt. Governor of your Commonwealth at that time and she was closet Pro-Motorized, but don’t worry that file that I showed you happen to find it’s way to the right desk………

Now shall we start with what you have excerpted?
    PaMountian, sorry to put you on the spot here but since you live close too where I’m going to use as an example you can verify these facts about SGL-117, that there are in fact a number of Named and Numbered Roads that transverse the SGL that are used for daily surface transport do you concur? Are there some Non-Named and Numbered Roads that are gated, but during certain months of the year they are opened for access for EMS & ADA Motorized Permit Holders, do you concur? Matt, maybe one of your Architect buddies will explain exactly what the ADA is and what it covers, Hasoos (phonetically spelt for Jesusbus) where you be chico? By the way I have my ADAMP since 98, so what do want to pull out of your azz next?

Matt, I’m very good at what I do and at the risk of inciting you, in my past professional life some people use to say I was like Jesus in that I could walk on water at times, but as I would tell them that I have been doing this for so long that I just know where all of the stones are, just below the surface that’s all………

If you want to play on some of my land y’all cum-aw-don to my domicile and get dirty, fact if a certain Jason who had an offer to go out swamp wheeling in a WC-12 while he was there he even had a local number to call at the shop but he never did, by the way you still owe me for covering you at Oak Tree. Now the land that you may be referring to is part of a company land development deal and since I took my Golden Parachute in April there is a five year moratorium on proprietary information imposed as part of my retirement package, all I can say is that it is still in the court system the last that I knew………

Anything that has to do with HRJA we can divert it to the BigRubbers’ Forum they can say more than I can, and “if someone would quit telling lies about me, I’ll quit telling the truth about them” (great one liner from Wall Street, Money Never Sleeps, go Gordon Gekko)

I will say one last thing that if you do not get organized and represent yourselves you will be left behind once again after the conversation that I had with an ATV guy that testified at the June Hearing, so you had better find the time. Like you told me back in 07 to go back home well I finely can since my Father passed in April and I’m getting his wife settled, I’m home for OJC Jeeptober Fest hopefully………

Later

Com

Go as slow as possible, and as quickly as necessitated…………

Official PghOffRoad Post Whore!
    Haha!
    2000tj on D60's, custom long arms, 3link front, four link rear both locked with a 231/300 doubler twin sticked, Full Hydro steering, on 38 in boggers

High-horse-ASSumption-master
    how much crack do you smoke a day?
    -s-10 d60/14bff, 496bbc, th400,205, locked- mud racer, NO PATIENCE

-'15 dmax

me asking about a jeep for sale --- actually its still for sale, I just didn't want it to go to an *** like you

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    WOW this started out as a simple warning to watch your a$$ if your in that area wheelin to this...

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    I'm not wasting my time with the crazy-mans argument.

A lot of the land we wheel on around the area does border gamelands, and some trails even cross gameland. I won't get on my high horse about illegal wheeling, but I will say that it is currently fairly well posted, so if you're there, you are taking a risk of getting a hefty fine.

Trail Leader

PghOffRoad Forum Addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlovbasz3 View Post
    I always said that would be a good idea plus extra money for the state.

The PGC is not state funded. The money would go directly to the PGC. It's a terrible idea though. Hunting licenses pay for the SGLs. With no supervision, you are asking for huge problems and even bigger lawsuits.

I love the idea of Rock Run and the Anthracite region park up in NE PA. They do more than provide a legal place to wheel. They provide a SAFE place to wheel on designated areas. It also portrays the wheeling community in a positive light as well.
    Something catchy goes here.

Thread Information