Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Petition to keep Indian Creek Road public access
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Petition to keep Indian Creek Road public access

Petition to keep Indian Creek Road public access

Public access to the road leading into Hawkins Hollow is being threatened once again. I've posted a timeline of events leading up to today, as reported by the local newspapers, so interested parties can get a better understanding of what has occurred so far.

Here is a single sheet petition/letter with room for lots of comments:

And if you have friends/family that have enjoyed Hawkins Hollow in the past that would like to sign, here are two sheets to gather multiple signatures with:

I also made a landscape (printer setting) version, with room for brief comments:

Petitions are 8.5 x 11 jpegs, hopefully with adequate margins and easy to print.

Petitions can be mailed to:
    Indian Creek Petition
    c/o PGH-Offroad
    PO BOX 966
    Connellsville PA 15425

Or bring as many signature as you can, and join us at the meeting Novermber 13! Try to get there early though, so we can gather them all together to present.

Please feel free to repost this on any other local bboards you may frequent. Thank you
    Last edited by bookfiend; 10-24-2007 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added send by date to mailing address

Premium Supporting Member OverkillZJ's Avatar
    I'm not trying to confuse possible respondents, but I'm asking because I don't know: But for those of us that filled out the online petition by PsychoBilly, could sending this in as a double entry effect it as an entry opposed to closing the road?

I'll (obviously) send this in right away, but is there any way the double entries could hurt us, is the real question. I'd assume that paper is better than online anyway, so maybe I'll do it regardless!

I've seen internet petitions dismissed by various authorities in newspaper articles as too easy to manipulate. We thought signatures would be more effective even if it turns out to be not as many.

Plus, iirc, this internet petition was started around the time of that month-long span between the public comment meeting and the supervisors decision not to close the road in 2002. And as far as I know, no one ever went to any effort to make sure the supervisors even knew about it. Billy?

So it is a 5 year old online petition. I thought I would print it out in its entirety and have it ready to present as an unofficial internet petition. Unless we get enough respondents that it becomes a moot point, which would be nice!

Very good point.. The government and "Internet" never got along in the first place.

I'm happy to fill it out and send in the real deal, consider it done.

considering what's at stake, I beg those reading this, that give a darn, to do the same!

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ View Post
    Very good point.. The government and "Internet" never got along in the first place.

I'm happy to fill it out and send in the real deal, consider it done.

considering what's at stake, I beg those reading this, that give a darn, to do the same!

Matt, lest you be reminded that the government and the internet got along fine in the beginning. It was invented by Al Gore, a politician. DUH!!

Seriously, though, I know a tone of people that would sign this. They have never been there, but are all for keeping open what little land is left. I will print it out and send it in...
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

I have grease stains on the knees of my dockers Muzikman's Avatar
    Matt,

Do you have to be a registered use to see this thread (and the timeline thread)? I would like to just link back to here on other forums, but if the person has to register then they probably won't bother.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam
    Pittsburgh (Penn Hills), PA

The Xterra
    The Jeep

The only forums you need to be registered to see are"off topic" and "trail rides" - this one's open to the net, link away.

Cool, thanks.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

I added a 'Before November 6' send by message above the mailing address. Figured a week was good? Maybe we should add the date of the meeting?

Maybe, and put a 2nd address line.
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! TimMichaels's Avatar
    "Signers" is spelled wrong on the first page. Or is it supposed to read "signees?"
    Tally-ho!
    -Crash
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.captaincrash.net

PghOffRoad Forum Addict! psychobilly's Avatar
    I really dont remember the specifics about the petition, if it went to them or not. if I remember correctly someone from the club was to print and present it to them, either by mail or person but i honestly dont remember who it was or if they did??? I had a bunch of stuff goin on then.

oh and every single person who calls themselves a wheeler should print off three of these. One for themselves and 2 for friends. Have them sign, pack em in a lope and send em in.

How do they look now? Egads I did miss the typo on signess, thanks for the heads up. Signers and signees both seem to be used, signers won the googlefight 2.5 million to 1.9 million.

Watching this petition to save a nearby school at the convenience store near me, most people just put their city and state. I don't think need they need that much detail of street addresses. It's for an elementary school and I noticed they added 'must be 18!' to their sheets. For a while I was seeing scrawled kid names.

"Has anyone ever mistaken the chicken outside for a crab?" JeepGeneral's Avatar
    I almost got one full sheet in 5 minutes tonight at work, and I'll probably get another tomorrow when everyone is there. My grandma will probably even sign it. We need as much support as we can get!

Less posting, more wheeling!
    i'll have atleast one full sheet

Less posting, more wheeling! notmYJ's Avatar
    I've got them on the counter here at work. Most people will sign them just because.....
    92, 4.0, AW4, SOA, 8.8, D30, 37's, etc etc
    92, 2.5, 30, 8.8, 4.88, Locked, Winch, 15x8, 35's, 3.5" (RIP)

"Send lawyers, guns, and money. The shit has hit the fan" - Warren Zevon

Everytime someone installs a Super35 kit, an angel looses its wings. Do you want that on your shoulders every time you get in the jeep? Why, I think not...

Hey, can we get this stickied until the 13th?
    Jason "Muzikman" Beam

The Xterra
    The Jeep

41 signatures sent, thanks to the support of the Hillview Motors staff. I was surprised how many of them have actually been there!

Are these printing all right for you guys?

I can't believe I just realized I made them 8.5 by 11 but still had the original 72 pixels per inch. They looked kind of small I think they look more normal now.

I saved them as an image on my computer and clicked "fit to page" and they turned out fine.

A WPAXC member mailed his in and it came back undeliverable. Anyone else having a problem?

"Signers" is spelled wrong on the first page. Or is it supposed to read "signees?"
    signee is the more formal term used in official contracts, petitions and documents. Its the kind of wording that would be in there if we had an attorney write it up. Signers can mean someone who "signs" language and is less formally used to indicate someone who signed a document.

Oh and I just read it and theres an extra the in the last sentence. Mine printed fine, didnt try to mail them yet.
    Last edited by psychobilly; 10-22-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks psychobilly, I took the extra thes out.

I'll take a petition as addressed by the post office tomorrow and make sure it is OK. I got one already from Hillview Motors.

I had to register the name of an organization on the box, so I put PGH-Offroad - Indian Creek Petition, but split it onto two lines on the petition since it fit better that way. I even explained to her that multiple clubs would be sending it in via or c/o one club - PGH-Offroad. I'll check and make sure it is ok tomorrow morning. Maybe PGH-Offroad has to be on the first line, i don't know.

Less posting, more wheeling!
    i'll hold on to mine untill we are sure oof the address

Thread Information